Literary Inspirations - BSC Kristy's Great Idea - Kristy

Wednesday, July 2, 2014


"I glanced at Mary Anne. She and I were still in our school clothes. I was wearing jeans and sneakers......and I was wearing a blue hair band."


And we're back with another nostalgic run of the Literary Inspiration series. I had so much fun doing the American Girl books a few years ago that I decided to turn to another one of my favorite childhood series - The Baby-Sitters Club books!

Did you love these as much as I did? They were apparently very polarizing books in the 3rd and 4th grade, and you either loved them and pretended to be the characters or hated them. Clearly, I loved them. It was my dream to be Claudia because she had the best outfits, was super artistic, had her own phone in her room, and had junk food hidden everywhere. The fact that I wasn't asian or the least bit artistic was apparently not an issue, and I was determined to be just like her. Only maybe with better grades.

One of the best parts of the books were the outfit descriptions. All the main characters got one, and if you were really lucky, sometimes there would be two or three outfits for one of the girls. Usually it was Claudia or Stacy, which is fine because they always had the best outfits anyway. And even though I want to start out with one of their outfits, I'm going to start at the beginning with book #1 - Kristy's Great Idea, and the founder herself, Kristy Thomas. Right now the plan is to do a set for each girl as described in the first book and then move on to the next book. I know there are like 200 of these things, so I have no idea how long this will last (or how many of these books I can find at the library).  But we'll try for the first 4/5 books and then see where we're at.

4 comments:

  1. ahahaha first of all I'm so glad literary inspirations is back, and I'm secondly so happy you're doing BSC. How are you going to pick from all of Claudia's rocking threads? I await with baited breath :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited about doing Claudia's outfits! I remember there being crazy things like sheep sweaters and her hair being in like 6 braids and bedazzled hats. Also, this is mostly just a fun excuse to read those stories again without getting weird looks. :-)

      Delete
  2. Yes!! I cannot wait to see what you do with Claudia. I was Mallory, ha. Not because I looked like her at all, but because I was always writing when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always liked Mallory and her journal. I was actually probably the most like Jessi, because I was in dance several times a week as a kid, but I always wanted to be the artistic, junk food eater.

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |