Fun Stuff Around the Web - The Lizzie Bennet Diaries

Thursday, February 13, 2014



In honor of Valentine's Day and classic love I wanted to share something fun that I just recently discovered. A few things first - I'm not a Jane Austen fan. I've tried so many times, but I just don't find her stories interesting or engaging. I just don't care. Also, most of the female characters are incredibly annoying and I find myself wanting to bop them over the head instead of continuing the story. So I have no idea why I clicked through on this random link from Pinterest, but I did. And I found the most amazing web series I've seen since "Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog" - The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.

This is a modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice set as Lizzie's You Tube video blog. And I kind of love immensely in ways I never got on board with the original book. There are Newsie references! And awkwardness! And sex scandals! And impersonations of crazy southern moms and stuffy dads! And references to the original story! And Darcy is a hipster! And it made me giggle and squee like nothing had in a long time. I only discovered it late in 2013, but it started in early 2013 over several You Tube channels, tumblr, and twitter as the characters had their own accounts. It ended up being an Emmy award winning series, and if you make it all the way through, it's clear as to why. If you follow the link above you can see every part of the story in order. Personally, I discovered Lizzie's blog, and then found out that they had Lydia spin off episodes, which aren't essential, but have fun backstory that they couldn't fit into the main story. Anyway, I found out that I loved the story of these videos, even though I don't really love the original. And that's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |