China Travel Diaries - Hong Kong

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Foggy morning overlooking the port of Hong Kong

And now for something completely different! We're going to take a break from the home decor talk for some photos of my recent China trip! My work recently sent a few of us overseas to meet with our vendors in Hong Kong and China and to start prepping 2015 merchandise. I love traveling and the trip was an incredible experience. However, this was my first overseas business trip and it's just not quite the same as going somewhere exotic on vacation, with the working 8-9 hours days and all. Still, I had never been to Hong Kong or China before so it was amazing to finally see them.

We only spent about 36 hours in Hong Kong so I would love to go back and spend more time there. It's such and international place, with most people speaking some amount of English due to the British influence. They also drive on the left side of the street here, unlike mainland China where they drive on the right. Locals who go back and forth between the two have to know how to drive on both sides of the road. I don't know how they keep that straight.

At some point in life I'd like to get back to Hong Kong for a vacation and actually see more of the city. It was foggy the whole time we were there so I didn't get to appreciate how hilly the area actually is. Maybe next time the weather will be better. Stay tuned for Shanghai pictures next!


Hong Kong street shots

Hope you're not afraid of heights - view from the roof of our hotel

Nightly light show over the river

Pretty lighting fixture in our hotel - not that this has to do with Hong Kong, but it's still cool

2 comments:

  1. Its interesting to see that there's still little traces left from the British and their time there. Having to switch sides driving is just inhumane, I know I couldn't do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the coolest thing, you'd be driving along and Bam! British architecture. Apparently there's a whole square of that style of buildings, but I didn't get to explore to see where.

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |