Ballerina Dreams

Friday, October 5, 2012


I started taking ballet classes pretty much before I could walk. I was pretty good at it too, but as a 12 year old I couldn't have cared less about dance and quit - right before I went en pointe. Stopping dance is probably one of the only things I really regret. I've been talking about taking a dance class for years, but I always had excuses: I didn't have time, the studio was too far away, I had been away from dance too long.

But a few weeks ago I finally bit the bullet and started taking an adult beginners ballet class! It was terrifying to walk into that door, but it's amazing! It's actually more of an advanced beginners class because most of the students are like me, we took classes way back in the day but have been out for a while. So while we don't remember the words for everything, once the teacher demonstrates how to do a movement it comes back pretty easily. It's incredible - I can have a super stressful work week, but just the thought of going to my next class is enough to make me happy. I know I'll probably never go en pointe, but for now I can't get enough of these classes and how happy dancing makes me feel!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! Good for you for getting back into something that you regretted leaving. Taking dance classes as an adult takes some bravery. I know, I did my first dance class ever as an adult :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |