Modern American Girl - Samantha Saves the Day

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Samantha Saves the Day

This post had pretty good timing this week with the 4th of July being yesterday, wouldn't you say? True, this isn't exactly patriotic (where's Molly when you need her?) but it's still nautical themed, so uh close enough right?

In this book, Samantha gets to be pretty awesome and actually saves someone's life. I never exactly understood why she wore a white long sleeved dress to climb around an island in, but times were different back then. I thought this book was so cool - they went to a hidden island and explored, but then almost died in a boat accident exactly where her parents had died. I don't think I fully realized that until I was a bit older but wow, how's that for scary? But they made it through and saved the day, so it was all ok.

On a happier note, I found this dress and thought it was too perfect to pass up for this set. I still don't think I'd choose a white dress if I was going to be in a rowboat and exploring, but let's just say she's in the Hamptons and was wearing her swimsuit and just threw this on as a coverup. That's believable, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |