Shoot 'Em Up

Friday, January 6, 2012


As I mentioned last year, or last week depending how you look at it, I went sporting clay shooting for the first time in December. It was so much fun!!! We drove out to the foothills in San Jose to a range that had 18 stations set up, similar to a golf course. 



Kacey and one of his best friends, Marc, taught me how to load various shotguns, basic hunters safety rules and protective gear, and how to aim. 


The thing about shooting sporting clays is that disks are actually catapulted into the air so you are shooting at a moving targets as opposed to a fixed target at say a rifle or pistol range. I was hoping to get 1 hit so I could at least leave without feeling like a total noob, but I ended up hitting 4! Now that I sort of know what I'm doing, I want to try it again! 


2 comments:

  1. This is on my bucket list now! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great! Luckily Marc's fiance was there as well so I had another girl who also didn't know what was going on. The boys were being show offs of course, but it was great and oddly empowering. I'd definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |