Remembering 9/11

Sunday, September 11, 2011


I can't believe it's been 10 years since 9/11. While I don't have family or friends in New York that were directly affected by the attack, it still had such a huge impact on me. I was in high school and I didn't hear about it until after both towers had been hit. I was sitting in the gym for the 15 minute chapel service our school had, goofing off with friends and trying to convince ourselves that this was the time we would actually pay attention. But then the preacher started praying for the lives of those lost when the airplanes hit the towers, and suddenly we were indeed paying attention. Most of the teachers stopped teaching their classes after that and we spent the next several hours watching the tvs in each classroom. Sometimes we discussed as a class what was going on or what we thought the repercussions of this would be, but I preferred when we were allowed to sit in silence and watch the news. I couldn't believe what had just happened.

It doesn't seem like 10 years have passed. We need to remember those who were lost, those who were heroes, and those who have had their lives affected by the attack.  We need to remember those in the military who have been fighting and giving their lives to protect us and keep us free from another devastating assault. Never forget.

Where were you when you heard about 9/11?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |