Random Life Recap

Monday, June 6, 2011

Oops, I really didn't mean to let a whole week slip by before I posted, but boy did I need the break. My life has felt so completely scattered and out of my control lately and I really needed time to step away and get things in order. I moved out of my apartment in May but my housing plans fell through and that put me back under my parents' roof. It was fine for a week or two, but it's becoming unbearable, mostly because I'm living out of a suitcase and I don't know where most of my stuff is because it's all packed away in boxes in the garage. On top of that, the apartment search has been more and more frustrating because there simply isn't anything available in the neighborhoods I'm looking at in my price range that isn't either 1) in the ghetto or 2) complete crap. My last 3 weeks have been completely absorbed by apartment hunting and I may have finally found something. It's a studio instead of a 1 bedroom that I was looking for, but both the kitchen and the bathroom are nicer than anything I've seen so far so I'm going to make do. I'll find out this week if I get the place and my new motto for the apartment is going to be: Live Simple.

And speaking of, I completely cleared my schedule this weekend so I could go through my old room at my parents' home and completely clean out anything I didn't need/use/want. While I kept a bunch of things for sentimental purposes, it was great to just clean out everything and get rid of the massive pile of junk that's accumulated over the past 4 years of me not living at home. I gave a bunch of stuff to a local church rummage sale, so hopefully someone else can use my old things and they won't go to waste.

Moving on to more random recaps, I've seen a bunch of fabulous TV shows lately since I wanted some sort of background noise when cleaning. I think I've mentioned my love of Dr. Who on here before, although now Matt Smith is playing the Dr. and I'm just not as into him as I was with David Tennant. However, I did discover a new fabulous BBC show called Sherlock which is a modern day telling of Sherlock Holmes with Martin Freemen (Bilbo!!) as Dr. Watson and a unknown (to me) actor who plays Sherlock so perfectly that I want to squee. It is FANTASTIC. It's also written by my favorite Dr. Who writer so I love the style of storytelling, and I highly recommend it, even if you're not really into Sherlock Holmes. It's more like a London CSI type show anyway.

I also saw Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, which, eh. It was fun and adventurous and no where near as good as the first one (not that I expected it to be) however I thought it was a sight better than the second one, so there's that.

In other news (see, I told you this was random) a super exciting opportunity has come up for Neroli Blossoms Boutique. I started the shop about a year and a half ago when I was working for my parents and had flexibility to pretty much do whatever, but since I landed a job at a corporate retail office I've had to really pull back and haven't had the time to upkeep the shop like I want. I can't say too much yet because it's still in the works but it involves a bit of rebranding and repositioning and I'm really excited for the future of this little shop!

That's about it for now, I think I might have talked myself into taking a boot camp class this month. I'm terrified but I know it would be good for me, especially since I haven't exercised in over a month because of how busy my life has been. We'll see. I may cry during it. Or puke. Or both, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |