Pot Roast Perfection

Monday, March 28, 2011


I don't know about you, but my weekend was fairly food centered. On Saturday Kace and I had a date night and tried a local Mexican joint that he had been asking to go to for a while. He was slightly disappointed (there just isn't a lot of authentic Mexican food here in the Midwest) but I was super pleased with my steak tacos and gobbled them up. 

On Sunday, I decided to make a pot roast for the first time. I've always been a little intimidated by pot roasts, and to be honest, I didn't even have the proper pan to cook one in. But since I recently inherited some of my grandma's old pots and pans (can't wait to try out recipes in the cast iron frying pan) I thought I would try my luck. I used The Pioneer Woman's Pot Roast and it turned out amazing! I even made some mashed potatoes to go with the roast - something else I had never made before.  

What's "tators" precious? Potatoes. Boil 'em, mash 'em, put them in a stew

Out of the oven. Anticipation. Did it turn out?

Why yes, yes it did!

Considering how easy the roast was, I have a feeling this will become a favorite Sunday meal! Bonus, boyfriend approved!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, Seth and I LOVE making pot roast. It's probably one of my favorite dishes. Mashed potatoes was also a new venture for me a few months ago, and now I can't stop making them! You should try making them with Yukon gold potatoes--they're really good.

    P.S. I have that exact same roaster.

    P.P.S. I believe it's STICK them in a stew...not PUT them in a stew. Duh. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |