Easy Chocolate Bark

Friday, December 17, 2010


Continuing on my holiday baking spree, I decided the next item on the list was chocolate bark. I used this recipe as a base, but then pretty much changed everything.


I used 16 oz of semisweet chocolate instead of 8 oz semisweet and 8 oz of bittersweet chocolate, because that's what I had on hand. I also used the chocolate tempering method to make sure that the chocolate actually hardened (I've had trouble with this in the past). For this, I melted about 3/4 of the chocolate over the stove, then removed it from the heat and dumped the rest of the chocolate in, stirring until it was all melted together.



And then of course instead of healthy toppings, I had to go and crush up candy canes, peanuts, and pretzels to use instead.  It's worth it though for an easy, delicious chocolaty snack!

1 comment:

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |