An Apple A Day

Monday, October 11, 2010

Leaves me with way too many apples.


Last weekend the boy and I went apple picking and even though we only picked a peck (of picked peppers?) it was still way more than I was ever going to eat on my own. So what to do with all the extras? Make delicious apple treats of course!


While I do love Apple Crisp, I find it's usually a bit too sweet for me. So instead I tired this Apple Breakfast Granola Crisp from Smitten Kitchen. I made a few adjustments to the recipe - I used 1/4 c sugar to give it a little bit of sweetness, and next time I would use another cup of oats because the granola seemed to be significantly less in proportion to the apples.


I brought it to my cousin's birthday party and it was a huge hit, especially with the two diabetics since there's only 1/4 c of sugar (or a few tablespoons if you use the original recipe) and 1/4 c honey in the entire batch.


The only problem that remains is that this only used up about half the apples! What to make with the other half?

2 comments:

  1. Seth and I went apple picking the same weekend you guys did! CRAZY. That recipe looks good. You should also try making apple bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that sounds good. Do you have a recipe for it?

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |