Wedding Series Part 1: Wedding Wears

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's almost summer and you know what that means....it's wedding season! This seems to be especially true if you have graduated college in the past few years and all your friends (or perhaps you) are settling down, but it's true for all ages. I have 5 to go to this year but that's nothing. Last year one of my friends was invited to 11 weddings! This brings up the complicated question of "What do I wear?!" No white because you don't want to look like the bride, and you don't want to end up matching the bridesmaids either. And if you are a bridesmaid and have your dress already taken care of, there's still the rehearsal dinner to think about. I used to wear black, but then I read an article on how traditionally people wore black to a wedding as a silent protest against the marriage. No one follows that anymore with the popularity of the little black dress, but now I have the irrational fear of someone's grandmother coming up to me and yelling at me for not supporting the marriage or something. Besides, there are so many other fun colors to wear in summer! Here are a few dresses that fit the requirements and that I wouldn't mind wearing to some of the weddings I'm going to this summer!
Florals: Topshop, Topshop, Forever 21 
Brights: BCBG, Modcloth, JCrew
Neutrals: Anthropologie, Topshop, Neroli Blossoms Boutique

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I want you to loudly protest against my marriage. Even though you have to wear the bridesmaid dress, during the reception, you should wear a sandwich board over the dress that reads: "I protest this marriage, Lindsay, and any man she tries to marry."

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |